Monday, February 7, 2011

It was Different Today

It was different today, not in a bad way, not in a good way, just different. You see, today was the first day in 12 1/2 years that Kelly or I did take or pick up one or all of our children from daycare.

Last Friday was our last day at daycare. A few things you should know:

  • Kim started watching our kids when we only had one, Mastin, and he was 3 months old.
  • We bought our home in this area to be close to Kim
  • We consider Kim and her family part of our family
  • We’ve watched Kim and Manuel’s daughters grow up, get married and start families of their own
  • I never once worried about the safety and security of my kids
  • I can’t imagine having anyone else take care our children while we have to work

Mastin and Chase haven’t gone to daycare for a little while now. And now, Emma doesn’t go either. It’s just different today.

I’ve struggled to think of the words for this post and what I wanted to say. Words cannot describe how blessed we have been to have Kim and her family in our lives. We are thankful to call them friends and family and although we won’t see them everyday now, we will continue to be in each others lives for many, many years.

Kim, Manuel, Shirley, Amber & Vanessa thank you for the love and care that you have shown to our family throughout these last 12 1/2 years. We love you all!

4 comments:

  1. Aww thank you so much, I can't imagine my life without you or your kids and I consider you guys great friends! When my mom told me Emma would be staying home now I couldn't believe they were all old enough for that. I remember all of them growing up so much! Thanks for always being so great to us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh Katie I am all teared up! Thanks for those awesome, beautiful words about my family! You and your family are amazing and I am so thankful for all those years I got to watch your family grow. I love all you and look forward to the many more years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie Thank-you so so much for the wonderful things you said about me and my Family. I know what you are going through I feel the same way for me its a lost feeling I keep waiting to see Emma I feel like I left her at school or something!!! I love your Family and we are Family and will continue are friendship forever. Thanks for being Great Parents to work with and always thinking of me!!! I will miss seeing you and Kelly and the kids everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww.. that was so sweet!! We're definatly going to miss your family!! we will all have to keep in touch for sure!!

    ReplyDelete